A tax at the rate of 25% on the profits and short term gains of companies accruing in or derived from Trinidad and Tobago. However, companies engaged in the following activities are charged tax at the rate of 35%.
- liquefaction of natural gas;
- manufacture of petrochemicals;
- physical separation of liquids from a natural gas stream and natural gas processing from a natural gas stream;
- transmission and distribution of natural gas;
- wholesale marketing and distribution of petroleum products; and
- any other activity prescribed by Order of the Minister of Finance.